[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Jesse Guardiani jesse
Sun May 21 11:42:37 PDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 3:12 am, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 05:40, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > I'm going to take a look at the frontend code tonight, but I doubt I'll be
> > able to track down the problem. Testing will be difficult because I don't
> > have a good way to rebuild minimyth. :( Can't wait to see what Ivor comes
> > up with.
> Hmm, for some reason myth is forcing 16 surfaces for vld.
> The code says:-
>
>  * \bug Extra buffers are pre-allocated here for XVMC_VLD
>  *      due to a bug somewhere else, see comment in code.
>
> But I can't see a comment explaining why, I'll have to ask.
>
> For now, in libs/libmythtv/videoout_xvmc.cpp, change:-
>
>    SetNumSurf(16) in InitVideoBuffers to SetNumSurf(8)
>

> and I'll see about writing a proper fix.

minimyth 0.19-13beta2, released today, includes this patch (I checked
the GAR source to be sure), but it doesn't solve the problem for me.
I'm running 64M Framebuffer in BIOS. I still get this in my Xorg log:

Fulfilled via DRI at 57098784
Fulfilled via DRI at 60232256
00000288 13171000
00000284 13000ded
00000288 13171000
00000284 13000ded
00000288 13171000
00000284 13000ded
00000288 13171000
00000284 13000ded
ViaSwovSurfaceDestroy: FourCC =0x434d5658
ViaSwovSurfaceDestroy: No SW Overlay Surface Destroyed, VideoStatus =0x00000000
ViaSwovSurfaceCreate: FourCC =0x434d5658
Freed 0 (pool 0)
Freed 16901728 (pool 0)
DRM memory allocation failed

Any other ideas?