[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Sun May 21 00:12:07 PDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 05:40, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> I'm going to take a look at the frontend code tonight, but I doubt I'll be
> able to track down the problem. Testing will be difficult because I don't
> have a good way to rebuild minimyth. :( Can't wait to see what Ivor comes
> up with.
Hmm, for some reason myth is forcing 16 surfaces for vld.
The code says:-

 * \bug Extra buffers are pre-allocated here for XVMC_VLD
 *      due to a bug somewhere else, see comment in code.

But I can't see a comment explaining why, I'll have to ask.

For now, in libs/libmythtv/videoout_xvmc.cpp, change:-

   SetNumSurf(16) in InitVideoBuffers to SetNumSurf(8)

and I'll see about writing a proper fix.

--
Ivor Hewitt.