[Openchrome-users] CN400 instability

Jesse Guardiani jesse
Fri May 26 04:43:32 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm running minimyth and I've been experiencing
some instability. Usually, I can run MythTV for
extended periods of time without a crash. Xine,
however, will crash quite quickly just about every
time, usually after a minute or two of playback,
regardless of whether the content is DVD, mpeg-4,
or HDTV.

mplayer is better than Xine for reliability and
remains up much longer, but it tends to have audio
sync issues with high def content and doesn't
support dvd menus.

Regardless, even mplayer and mythtv will crash
about once a day or so.

These are hardware lockups, not software crashes.
Logging in via telnet and/or attempting to restart
X via my IR remote no longer work.

I've tried an SP8000E and an SP13000 with the same
results.

Is this a known issue common to the unichrome
driver? Or is it more likely that the instability
is coming from elsewhere in my system? Does anyone
here have a high uptime on an SP unit?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani