[Openchrome-users] OpenGL -- works?

Dan Sandberg dan.sandberg.lists
Thu May 25 10:47:56 PDT 2006

Indeed.

I was missing the libgl1-mesa-dri which caused OpenGL to use software
rather than hardware acceleration.  When I installed this, it didn't fix
the problem because I had upgraded my X driver and the new X driver (
Openchrome ) was  incompatible ( ddx 5.0 vs. ddx 4.0 ) with something
else...

But once I downgraded back to the stock VIA driver, voila, glxgears
-printfps worked fine ( ~ 500 frames/sec ).

ddx, ddi, drm, mesa, glx, opengl, ... what a freakin mess :)

Thank you Martin and Ivor for the help.

--

Here's a new question.  How come Tutorial #3 ( Texture Mapping ) works
fine on my laptop but just shows up as a white rotating cube ( no

http://www.spacesimulator.net/tutorials.html

Thanks,

-Dan