[Openchrome-users] VT1625 Patch update

Chad masterclc
Sun Nov 5 14:10:22 PST 2006

On 11/3/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/2/06, Ken Huisman <ken_a at billionmonkeys.net> wrote:
> > I've updated my VT1625 patch @ http://billionmonkeys.net/openchrome/
> >
> > the differences:
> > I've patched 720x480Over.  It works @ 16 bit colour only, like
> > 720x480Under (arrgh!).  Also, it is shifted down about one inch from
> > what it should be.
> >
> > I've also added a 720x480P (480P) resolution.  It is based on what
> > 720x480Under used to have for settings beforh I patched it, because
> > someone emailed me a long time ago and said it worked as a HDTV 480P
> > resolution as it was.  I dont have a HDTV so i can't test it.
> >
> > I would really appreciate some feedback from NTSC users with via boards
> > containing the VT1625 - expecially if they have the same 24 bit colour
> > issue with the two resolutions I have.
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Ken

> Awesome.  I won't be able to test the updated patch until early next
> week, but as soon as I do I'll provide feedback.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chad

Was able to test the patch out today.  The 720x480Over is as you
described.  It's about 3" down from the top on my television (32"
Wega) using S-Video.  It's also extremely jittery/flicker so I can't
actually keep it on very long because it hurts my eyes to look at it
:)
The 720x480Under still works, and looks good!  Appreciate that
addition.  I'll try to hook the system up to my HDTV later to try out
your 720x480P option as well to see if that works for me.

Thanks again!

-Chad