[Openchrome-users] VIA Releases new display driver

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Wed Nov 22 17:59:10 PST 2006

== so _all_ the source is available now from via?

No, as I mentioned in my follo up mail, there is no ddmpeg code included... It just looks that way... I was browsing the tarfile on my phone and didn't check properly.

== if so, any reason why openchrome shouldn't just use some of via's code?
(are there features in the openchrome driver that are not in via's driver?)

Sure. There are features implemented in the via driver that aren't in the open drivers. It just needs someone to paw through the code and pull out the useful tidbits.