[Openchrome-users] VIA Releases new display driver

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Wed Nov 22 18:14:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 01:59 +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> == so _all_ the source is available now from via?
>
> No, as I mentioned in my follo up mail, there is no ddmpeg code included... It just looks that way... I was browsing the tarfile on my phone and didn't check properly.

*bows down* to Ivor browsing the tarfile on his phone :-)

> == if so, any reason why openchrome shouldn't just use some of via's code?
> (are there features in the openchrome driver that are not in via's driver?)
>
> Sure. There are features implemented in the via driver that aren't in the open drivers. It just needs someone to paw through the code and pull out the useful tidbits.

This is basically what I did for hacking together dual monitor support.
I was close to pushing it for testing, but ran into some excessive work,
and then health problems.  I haven't looked at the new tarball yet to
see if any of the code I was using has changed.