[Openchrome-users] "Reclaim buffers locked deadlock"

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Thu Nov 23 13:25:12 PST 2006

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> So to sum up, it seems that the X server has two open files to
> drm. It has grabbed the lock through one of them, and tries to
> close the other. I (apparently wrongly) assumed that the "other"
> was AIGLX.

> If someone can track down where this X server close
> operation occurs that would be of great help,

How would one go about finding this?  I've tried running strace on
X, but have no idea what to look for.

By the way, does anyone know how to stop X scanning the entire PCI
bus on startup?  It seems like an utter waste of time when really
it only needs to look at /proc/bus/pci/01/00.0.

Benno