[Openchrome-users] VN800 - there was no card-id

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Tue Nov 28 05:14:42 PST 2006

Rikz wrote:
> VN800 - there was no card-id
> Hi there!
> I've just installed linux on my RoverBook Partner W500 laptop. (with VIA VN800 inside)
> After compiling openchrome driver I've tried to start X, but there was an error about unsupported card ids.
> I've looked through the openchome's source code for a while and added the following line to the unichrome/via_id.c file:
>  {"RoverBook Partner W500",                        VIA_VM800,   0x1509, 0x4330, VIA_DEVICE_CRT | VIA_DEVICE_LCD},
>
> now everything works fine, no error messages at X startup.
>
> Please, add my card id's to the openchrome's development tree.

Added to svn, thx for the report.

> If you need any aditional information, such as output of my dmesg or Xorg.log, let me know.
>
> PS: thanks again for the work, driver works perfect for me now.

Does Xv works properly on your laptop's panel ? And if not, does Thomas'
patch attached to this mail fix the pb ?
http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2006-November/002323.html