[Openchrome-users] new dri options

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Tue Oct 3 05:32:47 PDT 2006

Boris Du?ek wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 13:06, you wrote:
> > You meant the driQueryOptioni() that had to be a
> > driQueryOptionb(), Boris?  That error was found by Jon and is
> > fixed in attached patch. Or was it something else?
>
> First sorry I forgot about this again.

No problem.

> No, it was another error, in my patch, I was removing some "#if
> 0" statements that were disabling the SSE memcpy, thinking that
> everywhere the vc->memcpy function is used (or something like
> that, I mean the function that was previously configured by
> #ifdef HAVE_SSE and now is by driQuery...). But then I discovered
> that somewhere in the code that I enabled by commenting out the
> "#ifdef 0", there were hardcoded references to memcpy_sse.

Ah, I see, you mean this part:

  #if defined( USE_SSE_ASM )
  #define COPY_DWORDS(vb, vertsize, v)
      [[ via_sse_memcpy(vb, v, vertsize * 4); ]]
  #else
  #if defined( USE_X86_ASM )
  #define COPY_DWORDS(vb, vertsize, v)
      [[ "rep ; movsl" ]]
  #else
  #define COPY_DWORDS(vb, vertsize, v)
      [[ for (j = 0; j < vertsize; j++) ]]
  #endif
  #endif

It doesn't look like this is configurable after compile time.  It
would have to be programmed quite differently for that to become
possible, and that is beyond me.

So for now it seems best to leave the whole SSE stuff out of the
patch and just add the page flipping and the extra mipmap level
options.  It makes the patch smaller too: more easily accepted.
What do you think?

Benno