[Openchrome-users] kanotix and openchrome drivers

John Robinson john.robinson
Sun Oct 15 03:57:04 PDT 2006

On 14/10/2006 19:46, alessandro.cantoni at gmail.com wrote:
> xine doesn't work too... it says:
> This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.5cvs.
> (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
> X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

Make sure you have allocated at least 32MB of video RAM for standard
definition video, and make the AGP aperture bigger e.g. 128MB. Both are
set in the BIOS.

> please help me! I'm quite noob with linux but I'd like to learn and make
> this little funny board work as a media player!!

Hee hee :-) Took me a while!

You will probably want to look into building XvMC and an XvMC-enabled
version of xine, too; you should find instructions right next to
wherever you found those for the driver and DRM modules.

Cheers,

John.