[Openchrome-users] Image corruption "stripes" with P4M800PRO-M

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak
Tue Oct 17 21:36:50 PDT 2006

After subscribing to this list for a long time, I finally picked up
one of the ECS P4M800PRO-M boards at Fry's with a low end Core 2 Duo
processor.  I'm hoping to use it for a MythTV frontend, but I've had
some difficulties.

When I display HD video with Xv, I get a wierd image corruption,
where the center of the picture is fine, but the outer 20% on each
side seems to be a shifted version of the main image, causing a
"striping" effect on both sides of the screen where it overlaps.    I
have seen this mentioned in a couple previous posts, but no solution
was given.

They only workaround I have found is to display at a low resolution.
At the LCD's native 1280x720, I get the 'striping' effect, it also
happens at 1280x800, 1280x768, 1024x768, and a few other similar
resolutions.   But, when I went down to 800x600, the effect went away.

Is anyone else getting this?   Is there any solution?

Info on my setup:

Ubuntu Dapper
X86-64 mode (64 bit mode)
1280x720 LCD display