[Openchrome-users] VT1625 PAL Modes

Alistair Cooke openchrome-list
Thu Oct 19 10:05:52 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I recently got a via CN motherboard to use as myth tv box.  It's based
on the CN700 chipset and vt1625 tv encoder.  I'd like to get TV out
working on a standard PAL TV, but I see the PAL modes aren't implemented
at the moment.  Are there any patches I can try out or anyway I can help
to get this working? I guess it's the 720x576NoScale mode I'm really
interested in.

If I set Option "VBEModes" "true" in xorg.conf I can get output
on the TV (scaled) or monitor but when playing an mpeg in myth it keeps
stopping and starting. Playing the same file in xine works better
but the framerate looks really low.  Without VBEModes video is smooth
in either xine or myth

Thanks,
Alistair