[Openchrome-users] VT1625

Ken Huisman ken_a
Sat Oct 28 13:27:36 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-28-10 at 14:42 +0200, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Ken Huisman wrote:
> > Hello VT1625 folks,
> >
> > I made a new patch combining my old patch for the VT1625 720x480Under
> > (16 bit color) and the other patch for the PAL resolution that was
> > posted here a while ago.
> >
> > You can get it here: http://billionmonkeys.net/openchrome/
> >
> Your patch include a modification to unichrome/via_mode.h which is unneeded.

thanks for looking at the patch.  I've removed the via_mode.h changes
and put up a new version of the patch.

> I'm tempted to commit the fixed version, but as I don't own a VT1625 nor
> do I know if any modes for it in the current code works, I'm still
> unsure what to do.

I can't test the PAL changes - I just pulled them from another patch
posted to this mailing list.  It would be nice to know if those PAL
modes work or not.

I would say don't.  I would at least like to find out if the 720x576Over
resolution in my patch works for the PAL folks - the poster of the
original patch claimed it did, and I would like to make sure I did not
make an error when I sucked it into mine.

After we find that out, it would be nice to push the changes into svn.
even if it all does not work, its better than nothing.

> Also Ivor promised to send a piece of not finished but still usable code
> to allow controlling of some tv encoders (VT1622, VT1623) that could
> probably be extended to support VT1625, and allow to produce sensible
> registers values to fill in the gap for VT1625. I hope he find some time
> for this.

yea me too.  :-)

> Some useful references for interested ppl :
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut
> http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html
> http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/vt1622.c
> The VIA drivers (X and fb) might also have some valuable informations.

I looked at trying to get the vt1622.c program working against the
vt1625, it was more difficult than I first thought.  I ended up giving
up and trying to build my own by ripping all of the VT1625 I2C code from
the openchrome driver plus supporting X functions.  I never got it to
work.  I can post it if someone smarter than me wants to pick it up :-)

cheers,

Ken