[Openchrome-users] Image corruption "stripes" with P4M800PRO-M

tji userforum
Mon Oct 30 09:14:43 PST 2006

Re: Image corruption "stripes" with P4M800PRO-M
Since Ubuntu 6.10 was recently released, I took the opportunity to blow away my previous install and start from scratch.    To minimize the number of variables involved, I installed the 32 bit version this time.

The install went pretty smoothly, but the "vesa" driver was configured by default.   I installed the Ubuntu VIA display driver and drm module, but it didn't recognize my hardware.   So, I compiled the latest svn openchrome driver.  That worked, but running glxinfo caused the X server to seg fault.  So, I compiled the cvs drm module, then glxinfo and glxgears worked fine.

I installed MythTV 0.20-fixes, and it seemed to work well.  I played a 1080i recording and it looked pretty good.   Then, I played a 720p recording, and I had the "striping" effect again.     I'm not sure why the resolution of the content would matter, because the display output resolution was the same and all the MPEG2 decoding was done in software (I couldn't get XvMC to work yet).

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwikitiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=2349&comments_parentId=2264&post_reply=1#form>