[Openchrome-users] Success on CN700

Zoilo Gomez zoilo
Sat Sep 2 05:46:45 PDT 2006

Mark,

I also have openchrome working fine now on my Jetway J7F2 mobo (C7 +
CN700) + gentoo (Xorg 7.1.1) + linux-2.6.17.10, both on VGA and TV-OUT
(PAL).

I am using the openchrome source version #208, but had to skip the
installation of the drm kernel-driver in #208, because of the following
problem (as I posted on 29 August):

>After downloading openchrome svn #208 yesterday, everything seems fine
>until I install the drm kernel module: the CRT picture goes
>black-and-white, with some faint diagonal colored streaks from
>left-bottom to right-top plus a small horizontal green bar at the bottom
>of the screen.
>
>Using TV output, the TV picture is black-and-white as well, with the
>same faint streaks but in black-and-white (not colored).

So far I did not get a reply to this problem, and I didn't have the time
to look into things myself either. No big issue, because my current
configuration seems stable and reliable after running for several days.

Hope this helps!

Z.

======