[Openchrome-users] VIA Unichrome/Openchrome display driver support for widescreen and screen rotation

Welf welf
Sat Sep 2 22:55:45 PDT 2006

1360x768 works on my CN700 based EN1500 displaying on a NEC plasma.
Here is the modeline I use:

Modeline "1360x768" 85.50 1360 1424 1536 1792 768 771 777 795 +hsync
+vsync

Welf

-----Original Message-----
From: openchrome-users-bounces at openchrome.org
[mailto:openchrome-users-bounces at openchrome.org] On Behalf Of John
Robinson
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:31 AM
To: rburnes at mcomi.com
Cc: openchrome-users at openchrome.org
Subject: Re: [Openchrome-users] VIA Unichrome/Openchrome display driver

On 01/09/2006 21:28, Raphael Burnes wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have been searching through documentation a fair bit, but can not
find
> anything that exactly answers my questions, which are;
> 1.
> Do VIA Unichrome display drivers (and the open source linux drivers
for
> them) support a widescreen resolution of 1360x768?

Yes, the openChrome driver supports any mode, given a suitable ModeLine
(there isn't a built-in one for that resolution, but you could try the
`gtf` program) or if your monitor describes such a mode via EDID.

> and,
> 2.
> Do they support screen rotation?

Yes, but only without any acceleration.

> I'd like to have a widescreen TV in portrait mode, if at all possible.

If you turn a CRT TV (or monitor) on its side, the picture will end up
looking very weird with all the wrong colours, unless it has been
designed to be turned in the first place.

Cheers,

John.