[Openchrome-users] First shot at k8m890 and k8n890 support

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Thu Sep 7 19:20:50 PDT 2006

Hey guys,

My friend just picked up one of the new Averatec 2260 laptops ( Very
sweet little Turion laptop ), however it has no video support yet.  I
decided I would roll up my sleeves and try to get something working for
him.  After looking at the via code from viaarena, and previous
revisions of this code I cooked up the attached patch.  He tried it out
and has proper resolutions, and colors...the xorg session is just
running really really slow.  The gnome session bar takes about 5 minutes
to draw completely.  Anyways I thought I would post and if anyone is
interested please comment.  Of course there is no dri support at the
moment.

Jon