[Openchrome-users] Hypothetically, what would it cost to pay someone to get the CN700 working?

Lasse Bigum Lasse
Sat Sep 9 21:11:48 PDT 2006

On 19:19, Sat 09 Sep, Chad wrote:
> I'm just wondering what it would cost, typically, if someone were paid
> to develop the openchrome drivers to fully work with and use the CN700
> chipset (on the EN12000EG)?  And, somewhat equally important, also
> ensure it works in Xine, mplayer and MythTV to playback HDTV?

First off, really nice idea, I'd actually be willing to chip in to get
such work done, but I have a question first.

I only use my EN15000G as a mail- and webserver at the moment, and have
only tried playing back regular AVI streams, so I really haven't tried
to use it in a HTPC setup yet, which I am about to in about 4 weeks
though.

My question is: What part of the CN700 functionaly is not working now?

I seemed to have X working fine with the openchrome driver, except for
some minor problems that have already been documented on the
mailinglist, such as not being able to use NTSC and a CRT at the same
time. I'm not sure I got mplayer to work with XvMC, but I never patched
it in the first place, so I'm not surprised ;)

> I'm not even sure where you'd solicite such a person, but am basically
> just curious at this point if anyone has a 'ball park' figure.

This mailinglist, with openchrome being upstream for the Xorg guys
regarding via drivers, seems to be the perfect place for such a request
:)

/Lasse