[Openchrome-users] No devices detected with Via driver

theboomboomcars userforum
Tue Sep 12 07:11:08 PDT 2006

Re: No devices detected with Via driver

> theboomboomcars, the log file you are attaching is still not from an
> openchrome SVN. The via driver you compiled was probably not installed
> in a place your X server can find it. Please check your xorg.conf and
> possibly add a ModulePath "path" that match the installation location in
> the Files section, or alternatively, fix your compile options to have
> the driver installed in the proper place ( ./configure --prefix=/usr or
> the like for example). Copying the module you already compiled to the
> proper place will work too.
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

I added the ModulePath and the output changed, still not going into x.  This is the new error message:
(**) ModulePath set to "/home/lappy/drm/linux-core"
(II) Module ABI versions:
	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.2
	X.Org Video Driver: 0.8
	X.Org XInput driver : 0.5
	X.Org Server Extension : 0.2
	X.Org Font Renderer : 0.4
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module bitmap
(II) UnloadModule: "bitmap"
(EE) Failed to load module "bitmap" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module pcidata
(II) UnloadModule: "pcidata"
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (module does not exist, 0)

Fatal server error:
Unable to load required base modules, Exiting...

(WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
(WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
I don't know what it means.
Thank you for your help, you guys are great.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwikitiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=1931&comments_parentId=1880&post_reply=1#form>