[Openchrome-users] No devices detected with Via driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Tue Sep 12 11:25:40 PDT 2006

On 12/09/2006 19:19, theboomboomcars wrote:
> Re: No devices detected with Via driver
>> OK, well you don't have a new via_drv.so because the build failed. Quite
>> why it failed I can't work out from the above, and probably not at all.
>> Please capture *all* the output of the `make` command and attach it as a
>> file, maybe someone can diagnose it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John.
>
> Attatched is my make output.  Hopefully it will be of some use and we can figure this out.
> Thank you for all of your help.

Aha!

via_driver.h:73:23: error: GL/glxint.h: No such file or directory

You're missing some bits. In Red Hat, Fedora and CentOS, this belongs to
the xorg-x11-devel package; I don't know what the equivalent for Ubuntu
is, but

hang on

I see Jon Nettleton has posted about this too, and he obviously knows
more about it than me!

You might also have a look at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome which I just noticed is
linked from the foot of the openchrome wiki how-to-build page and has
Ubuntu-based step-by-step instructions.

Cheers,

John.