[Openchrome-users] Max Texture Size

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sat Sep 16 17:44:24 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 23:43 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Jon Nettleton wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 15:39 -0400, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> > > Never mind tracked down the problem.  t_options.h is not
> > > actually used but used to generate options.h in xmlpool that
> > > merges t_options.h with the translations available.
>
> Yes, today I had figured also out that it required running 'make'
> in src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlpool to regenerate options.h, the
> file that actually gets included.  It now compiles.
>
> > if (driQueryOptioni(&vmesa->optionCache, "excess_mipmap"))
> >
> > in via_context.c needs to be changed to
> >
> > if (driQueryOptionb(&vmesa->optionCache, "excess_mipmap"))
>
> After that fix, driconf and glxgears now run.  I've put back the
> FTHROTTLE thing, as otherwise DRIconf gives me an extra tab with an
> unknown option fthrottle_mode, value 2.
>
> However, it still doesn't work.  Enabling in DRIconf the extra
> mipmap level isn't picked up by the application.  Slune for example
> doesn't run.  Whereas changing in via_context.c both lines to read
> "ctx->Const.MaxTextureLevels = 11", then Slune runs.

Found it.  Change the following line in via_context.c

driParseConfigFiles (&vmesa->optionCache, &viaScreen->optionCache,
                         sPriv->myNum, "via");

driParseConfigFiles (&vmesa->optionCache, &viaScreen->optionCache,
                         sPriv->myNum, "unichrome");

or you can manually your .drirc driver='s line to be via instead of
unichrome.

-Jon