[Openchrome-users] vt3108 and drm/dri

Ryan McDowell rmmcdowell
Sat Sep 23 20:43:21 PDT 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:00:32 +0200
Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net> wrote:

> Ryan McDowell wrote:
> > My setup uses a k8m(n)800 (vt3108) motherboard in an averatec
> > 3715 laptop. I have compiled and installed openchrome
> > successfully on debian testing with xorg7.0. Works great until I
> > move on to compiling the module for dri/drm. It compiles fine no
> > issues no errors. When I set up my xorg.conf to include dri(the
> > usual way:load and dri mode 0666) I restart X and get a system
> > lock type condition.
>
> You have recompiled your kernel with CONFIG_DRM unset,
> CONFIG_AGP_VIA unset, and CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 set?
>
> Benno

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running a bone stock debian kernel 2.6.16 for k7/32bit. Should I still use agp for amd64? My cpu is a sempron so really its a amd64 locked in 32 bit mode only. As for unsetting drm and agp via in the kernel..no there set as a module. If so that would comflict with the drm module that I built? Thanks again.