[Openchrome-users] vt3108 and drm/dri

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sun Sep 24 03:55:14 PDT 2006

Ryan McDowell wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:00:32 +0200
> Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail.net> wrote:
> > You have recompiled your kernel with CONFIG_DRM unset,
> > CONFIG_AGP_VIA unset, and CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 set?
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running a bone stock debian
> kernel 2.6.16 for k7/32bit. Should I still use agp for amd64?

Yes.  It's about where the Northbridge functionality is located, not
about the bitmode.

> As for unsetting drm and agp via in the kernel..no there
> set as a module. If so that would comflict with the drm module
> that I built?

Well, try it out: boot into single user mode (no X), then modprobe
-v the drm and then the agp-amd64 module, and see what happens.  If
there are no errors, check with lsmod that the modules are indeed
loaded, and with 'dmesg | egrep "drm|agp"' what versions you now
have.

Benno