[Openchrome-users] current build instructions

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sun Sep 24 10:55:22 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Currently the wiki
(http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code)
advises to build the via_drv module like this:

  mkdir openchrome
  cd openchrome
  svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk
  cd trunk
  ./autogen.sh
  make
  make install

When doing it like this, I have to move the resulting via_drv.so
from /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ afterwards.
Shouldn't the instructions contain a './configure --prefix=/usr'?

Also, when doing it as said above, I have to add ten extra modules
to the "Module" section in /etc/X11/xorg/conf to get all symbols of
the via_drv module resolved.  Should the module not always be built
with lazy bindings?  Like this:

  LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,lazy" ./configure --prefix=/usr

Or is that just the case for my particular system?

Benno