[Openchrome-users] current build instructions

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sun Sep 24 11:13:08 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 19:55 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently the wiki
> (http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code)
> advises to build the via_drv module like this:
>
>   mkdir openchrome
>   cd openchrome
>   svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk
>   cd trunk
>   ./autogen.sh
>   make
>   make install
>
> When doing it like this, I have to move the resulting via_drv.so
> from /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
> to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ afterwards.
> Shouldn't the instructions contain a './configure --prefix=/usr'?
>
> Also, when doing it as said above, I have to add ten extra modules
> to the "Module" section in /etc/X11/xorg/conf to get all symbols of
> the via_drv module resolved.  Should the module not always be built
> with lazy bindings?  Like this:
>
>   LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,lazy" ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> Or is that just the case for my particular system?

I don't think the lazy bindings are generally needed.  You can also
run ./autogen.ssh --prefix=/usr.  I am somewhat tempted to update our
automake system to set the prefix to  pkg-config --variable=prefix
xorg-server automatically.  If that fails default back to normal
settings.  Just an idea.

Jon