[Openchrome-users] 1625 TV encoder using S-Video output displays narrow image

Chad masterclc
Thu Sep 28 16:45:42 PDT 2006

Hello!

After trials and tribulations untold (huh huh huh) I have finally got
my SP13000 and Commell 667-T working... sorta.

Over VGA (not using the TV encoder) they work great using the CN400
chipset.  However, on the Commell 667-T, I have an HDTV TV encoder
chip (1625).  So I'm facing a second part dilemma with this board
where I can't connect to my living room TV that has S-Video input
because the image is vertically squished.  Best description I can give
is that there are 6-8 inches of "black bars" on each side of the
display sqeezing it inward.  The resolution isn't the culprit, I can
change that all day long and nothing changes other than the size of
the xterm window that pops up in fluxbox and the status bar width.

I can post logs if you'd like, but I'm not sure what ones would help
at this point.  I'm going to play with drivers and use patches from
the around the web to see what I can come up with.  In the meantime,
if anyone has some fancy ideas, I'm all for trying em.  I seem to have
come to the understanding that OpenChrome hasn't built support for the
1625 encoder yet, hence the try of the various patches.

Thanks!

-Chad