[Openchrome-users] #74: CN400 chipset cannot reliably playback HDTV content using XvMC

calinb userforum
Thu Sep 28 10:57:22 PDT 2006

Re: #74: CN400 chipset cannot reliably playback HDTV content using XvMC
I just got back to trying to get HD XvMC working on my P4M800Pro mobo.  I've been following Chad's progress and I downloaded and installed from the latest Openchrome and DRM sources.  I tried hacking my .ebuild and I removed "VIDEO_CARDS=..." in make.conf.  I tried libXvMCW and libviaXvMCPro and several builds.  Nothing makes a difference.

XvMC works on SD but not on HD.  Xine drops back to soft decode on HD playback.  I too get the "No accelerated IMDCT transform found" message on HD playback attempts and the message, "video_out_xxmc: Using software decoding for this stream" appears in the xine log.  Here are my xine log files:

https://home.comcast.net/~calinb.calinb/hd.log

https://home.comcast.net/~calinb.calinb/sd.log

The Via website says (or at least strongly implies) that HD mpeg2 decoding is supported by this chipset.  I'd like to get to the bottom of this.  Any new suggestions, Chad, Devs?

Thanks everyone,

Cal

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwikitiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=2140&comments_parentId=1991&post_reply=1#form>