[Openchrome-users] CN400 DVI output support

Chad masterclc
Mon Apr 2 20:11:43 PDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> Chad wrote:
> > I'll see if I still have it floating around, I didn't see it while
> > glancing around the usual places.  But just an FYI, I'm running 1.07
> > and have DVI working (connected to a projector).  I'm not sure what
> > the problem is with some systems, but I am either lucky, or something
> > needs to be changed on those systems (check the jumpers, it seems
> > maybe I had to change some jumpers on the board...).
> >

> Do you remember what those jumper settings should be?
>
> The video daughterboards aren't documented on the VIA
> site...
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Philip

I just checked.  I was wrong, at the same time I was also getting
digital audio (coax) working and that was the jumper I had to tweak.
I don't think much beyond changing the setting in the BIOS to use the
DVI output was necessary to get DVI working.  If you plug it in, do
you see your POST and BIOS messages?  If so, then it's not a BIOS
issue, and the DVI works.  From there it would be an OS issue.

-Chad