[Openchrome-users] CN400 DVI output support

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx
Mon Apr 2 20:43:35 PDT 2007

Chad wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
>
>> Chad wrote:
>>
>>> I'll see if I still have it floating around, I didn't see it while
>>> glancing around the usual places.  But just an FYI, I'm running 1.07
>>> and have DVI working (connected to a projector).  I'm not sure what
>>> the problem is with some systems, but I am either lucky, or something
>>> needs to be changed on those systems (check the jumpers, it seems
>>> maybe I had to change some jumpers on the board...).
>>>

>> Do you remember what those jumper settings should be?
>>
>> The video daughterboards aren't documented on the VIA
>> site...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Philip
>>

> I just checked.  I was wrong, at the same time I was also getting
> digital audio (coax) working and that was the jumper I had to tweak.
> I don't think much beyond changing the setting in the BIOS to use the
> DVI output was necessary to get DVI working.  If you plug it in, do
> you see your POST and BIOS messages?  If so, then it's not a BIOS
> issue, and the DVI works.  From there it would be an OS issue.
>
> -Chad

Oh, the RCA/SPDIF jumper?

Yeah, thought you might be referring to that.

The LVDS/DFP driver board has a couple of jumpers,
but not the DVI-02 that I could tell.

So, yes.  If I set BIOS to "CRT+DVI", then I get both
when the box boots, or when I switch to VGA mode
in Linux (via CTL+ATL+1)... but when the X server is
running, then I just get a black screen (can't tell if a
valid signal is being generated or not).

One other weird thing is that if I have Screen0 set up
as Option ActiveDevice LCD, then the DDC probe still
goes to the VGA device!

I've seen this before.  I think it's a bug in the X server
and not the Openchrome drivers.

-Philip