[Openchrome-users] CX700 / EX10000

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Apr 10 16:04:07 PDT 2007

David Shay wrote:
> OK, got back to my EX10000 and tried a few things.  Still getting the
> drm acquire errors.  Set AGP back to 32MB in BIOS and that didn't
> resolve the problem.
>
> I've attached my dmesg log and Xorg logs.  What could be causing the
> drm error? The NoXVDMA flag didn't cure that.
>
> In general, I don't seem to have any problem with xv through either
> mplayer or xine, but I'm not getting anything accelerated.  I think I
> need to solve the drm memory issue first to make any progress on xvmc.
> I can post a xine log if you want, but really looking for advice now
> on the drm issue.

from your dmesg :

[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0

try downgrading to via 2.11.0, 2.11.1 has been causing trouble, so let's
get rid of this, just to be sure.

Also, your kernel doesn't seem to allow agp support for the CX700, I
suspect the pci id to be wrong in the kernel tree.
Replace
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_CX700         0x8324
by
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_CX700         0x0324
in kernel-source/include/linux/pci_ids.h

About xxmc, please apply the attached patches and see if it helps.