[Openchrome-users] 3d drivers and texture support

lfreitas34 userforum
Wed Apr 11 08:46:02 PDT 2007

3d drivers and texture support
Hi,

    I would like to add texture support to the via mesa drivers. Mainly the S3TC texture compression to be able to run vmware 3d support and linux games.

    Contacted VIA through their website and to my surprise they actually answered. But only to say that they make documentation available only to the openchrome group.

    How can I get access to the datasheets, reference manuals, technical documentation on what the hardware can and cannot do?

    I already saw that the MESA VIA driver has code doing some kind of conversion for the compressed texture formats, although they are not enabled on the driver for some reason. There seems also to be need to implement some functions to do software compression and decompression, but this seems to be easy as it would be some calls to an already existing external library on the right places.

Best Regards,
Luis Freitas

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=3361#form>