[Openchrome-users] Trac bug #104

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Fri Apr 13 13:22:42 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 13:34 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Considering this bug is well documented, 100% reproducible,
> and severe, I would have expected it to get a little more attention
> than it seems to be doing:
>
> http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/104
>
> Is there something that I haven't done that I need to be doing?

Sorry Philip, but the group has been kind of busy recently.  I actually
spent a good chunk of time debugging this Null pointer crash at the end
of last year.  I thought we had resolved the issue upstream.  I will
have to track it down.

The problem is that your Modelines and your Horizontal and Vertical
refresh rates don't match up to create a usable Mode for your Screen.
If you add "1600x1200" to the front of your Modes I think you will find
that you don't get the crash any longer.

I know we should handle this more gracefully, I just can't remember what
the solution Thomas and I came up for to solve it.

Jon