[Openchrome-users] CX700 / EX10000

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Apr 17 12:55:23 PDT 2007

David Shay wrote:

> Bump for any help on original problem.  Also, Just a quick survey --
> does anyone out there have a CX700 and is currently getting accelerated
> HD for mpeg2?

It's unlikely anyone has CX700 doing mpeg2 hardware acceleration,
because we now know it uses a new engine, which is currently not supported.

> If so, can you please provide a few details:
> * distribution, kernel version, other kernel patches

The agpgart CX700 pci id fix needs to be sent upstream.

> * drm & mesa versions

drm 2.11.0 is the latest known good version, 2.11.1 is causing troubles.
drm from kernel >= 2.6.19 is ok too.
Mesa is unrelated here, it only handles 3D.

> * openchrome version, branch, other specific patches

No support for CX700 outside of the experimental_branch.

> * relevant BIOS settings -- AGP memory, etc.
> * media player
Only xine, mplayer (plus patches) and mythtv support XvMC VLD at the moment.