[Openchrome-users] Information on chrome 9 (p4m900), want to help.

Chad Granum exodist
Tue Aug 21 18:37:25 PDT 2007

I recently purchased a laptop with the p4m900. I wish to help with
development of this driver in any way I can. The drvier does not yet
work properly for me.

I am a programming student, my c++ is quite rusty, but I can get back
into it pretty quick, I am just not sure how quickly I will be able to
get to speed on the driver without direction.

Anyway, I am including a tarball with all the following information on
my card:
dmesg output
lspci output
lspci -v output
xorg logs for via with crt that works, with panel that fails, with vesa
that works
xorg.conf files for via and vesa

Here is the current status of what works and does nto work on my
specific laptop:

the openchrome trunk compiled, but startx reported no devices detected

the experimental branch of openchrome gave more promising results.
It works fine if I disable my crt and startx with a crt connected
It locks up completely with lcd or lcd+crt
vesa mode works fine
I got framebuffer working using standard framebuffer, vga=791 in kernel
boot line

Anyway, I checked the logs, it fails to do the vbesetmode stuff with lcd.

-Chad Granum