[Openchrome-users] TVout vt1265m

vpcompany@tiscali.it vpcompany
Sat Dec 8 10:35:26 PST 2007

Hi Xavier,
I see on wiki you are looking for feedbacks on the tvout...

I've a epia EN1200 (3344 and vt1265m) +DVI module and I can confirm a
running output from RGB-YPbPr pins on the mobo with Xorg configured as
720P. (1280x720)

I've only a flaw to point out, but I cannot tell if it depends from my
TV screen: there is about 15~20 pixels of border off the viewable
screen all around the 4 edges. (gnome's sidebars are almost off the
screen)

currently I'm not able to set the 1080i option...
reading the log, I can see xorg probes different Mode but it ends with
an empty pool and fails.

on mythtv wiki I saw this:
Note also that a response to a pre-sales technical support inquiry
regarding the DVI daughterboards indicates they are limited to a
maximum resolution of 1600x1200. Thus it seems that if you planning on
using DVI that you will be limited to a maximum standard HD resolution
of 720p (1280x720) output.

so maybe it's my case... one day I'll test
my hardware w/o the DVI module attached, but if it's so I'll remain on
720P configuration.

OT: a little question on mpg hw accel... with 3344,
when the decoding frame is bigger than 1024x1024, do I get always a
software only elaboration?

kind regards and good job!