[Openchrome-users] vt1625 and PAL modes?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Fri Feb 2 01:25:22 PST 2007

Ken Huisman wrote:

> For what it is worth, I am no longer making any changes for VT1625 - the
> patch available is probably the last one you will see from me - a couple
> months ago I did something to hose my commell board so I don't have a
> test platform - it would be nice to submit the patch I have into the
> source stream, it is better than what was there before, although not
> perfect.

OK, I also think it's time to commit this, so let's summarize.

Your patch adds :
- 720x480P : this is progressive ? What is this used for ?
- 720x576Over PAL
- 640x480 PAL

It also modifies :
- 720x480Under NTSC
- 720x480Fit NTSC
- 720x480Over NTSC

> Eventually I may get back to trying to resurrect my commell board (I'm
> hoping I just need an OS reinstall), but its use in my home has been
> replaced, so the board may just get sold.  Its too bad, I was really
> close to getting NTSC 720x480Over working.

Do you think the improvements to this mode worth being committed or not ?

I assume you tested 720x480Under and 720x480Fit NTSC modes to be working
fine for you. Am I right ?

720x756Over PAL is confirmed to be working by Roy. Hopefully Udo will
also confirm.

What about 720x480P and 640x480 ?