[Openchrome-users] has anyone 3D working on CN700 or VM800 or P4M800Pro ?

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri Feb 9 10:44:08 PST 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> I get similar on my EN12000 (CN700 chipset):
>
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d

On which distro?  Possibly your distro is switching off all 3D
support for VIA chips, to prevent lockups?

If you switch off AIGLX, do the warnings go away?  Do you _need
AIGLX?  If not, leave it switched off.

Are 3D apps like tuxracer or slune or bzflag accelerated?

> So what does (not) work?

According to
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
3D should work on your chipset.  Can anyone confirm that they've got
non-lockingup 3D acceleration on a CN700 or VM800 or P4M800Pro?

Benno