[Openchrome-users] has anyone 3D working on CN700 or VM800 or P4M800Pro ?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh
Fri Feb 9 11:04:24 PST 2007

Hello Benno,

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> I get similar on my EN12000 (CN700 chipset):
>>
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
>> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
>
> On which distro?

FC6. Does that matter?
I compile my own kernel and use the svn openchrome driver.
libglx.so etc are from FC6.

> Possibly your distro is switching off all 3D
> support for VIA chips, to prevent lockups?

Oh?

> If you switch off AIGLX, do the warnings go away?  Do you _need
> AIGLX?  If not, leave it switched off.

What does it do? ;-)
I use the machine to play video but want all usable capabilities of the
chipset available.

> Are 3D apps like tuxracer or slune or bzflag accelerated?

Dunno.

>> So what does (not) work?
>
> According to
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
> 3D should work on your chipset.  Can anyone confirm that they've got
> non-lockingup 3D acceleration on a CN700 or VM800 or P4M800Pro?

glxgears (or what was the name) did not crash. Is that enough?
MythTV runs most of the time but I doubt it does much 3D stuff.

Kind regards,
Udo