[Openchrome-users] out-of-bounds drawing by screensavers

Thomas Hellström thomas
Sat Feb 10 06:02:40 PST 2007

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

>Tim Ri wrote:
>

>>On Friday 09 February 2007 20:01, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>>

>>>Also in normal full-screen operation of the Lines screensaver,
>>>sometimes line fragments are drawn on the opposite side of the
>>>screen when the lines hit the left or right side.
>>>

>>Could this also be the reason for the diagonal lines painting
>>artefacts in KPDF?
>>

>Aha!  Yes, when adding  Option "XaaNoSolidTwoPointLine" to the
>Section "Screen", both the Kpdf and the Lines screensaver problems
>are gone: no more scratching on the background, no more lines
>outside the borders.
>
>If this fault and the one reported by Mark Huijgen have a common
>cause, then viaAccelClippingHelper() is the most likely culprit.
>Anyone an idea what might be wrong with it?
>
>Benno

Hi!

Is the problem there also with exa and without compositing manager?
What hardware?

Interestingly, via had clipped lines disabled in their original drop,
but that caused
some lines not to be painted at all.

Where can I get the "Lines" screensaver?

/Thomas