[Openchrome-users] has anyone 3D working on CN700 or VM800 or P4M800Pro ?

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sat Feb 10 08:03:39 PST 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > As Christiaan wrote, at least OpenSuse 10.2 disables 3D on VIA
> > chipsets; maybe other distros do so too.
>
> Oh. I think that is kinda weird.
> Why not at least give the opportunity to enable stuff?

Maybe I should have quoted Christiaan more fully.  :)  He said it's
disabled by default.  Which I understand the user can switch it on
if he or she so likes.

> > Judging from what Christiaan said, real 3D apps like the above
> > games will cause your machine to lock up.  That may not sound
> > like an attractive thing to try, but if you're willing to give
> > it a shot, your experiences will be much appreciated.
>
> I could dothat if I don't have to mess up the system too much.
> Is there a (small) test application?

There are small test applications in the Mesa demo and xdemo
subdirs.  If you've built Mesa from source, you have them handy,
just run 'make' in the subdir.  Otherwise it's easiest to install
and try at least one of the mentioned games.

Benno