[Openchrome-users] XAA SolidFillRect problem with negative x value

Mark Huijgen mark.sf.net
Tue Feb 13 00:27:59 PST 2007

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Mark Huijgen wrote:
>> The result is that the rectangle  isnt drawn at all (so previous
>> screen content stays visible). The program drawing at that place
>> is openoffice (drawing the background of the menu bar).
>
> Meanwhile I've installed openoffice (version 2.1.0) but can't find a
> menubar that doesn't get fullu drawn.  Please create a new ticket
> in http://openchrome.org/trac/ and attach there a screen shot
> fragment of a missing menubar background.
I'll make a screenshot of the glitch and post it (ticket #99]. I think
it only happens OO is in a borderless window.

>> if(x<0) {
>>          w += x;
>>          x = 0;
>> }
>
> Is this w+=x necessary to fix the glitch?  Because other video
> drivers never do anything with the x coordinate in their
> SubsequentSolidFillRect routine.  Snipping something off might
> still be okay, but moving the requested rectangle to the right
> seems a wrong thing to do.
Well, if you dont modify the w and do modify x you will move the
rectangle (shift x coordinate to 0 but dont modify the width). My code
snipet modifies w to compensate for the shift in x by drawing a smaller
width rectangle. So actually im only snipping the part of left of the
screen (left of x coordinate 0).

Mark