[Openchrome-users] libavcodec patches (mplayer/mythtv)

Ron openchrome-users
Tue Feb 13 14:06:32 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to build a version of libavcodec using ideas/code from these
patches (to use with vlc, which has currently got a very broken XvMC port
taken from xine in SVN). libavcodec builds but when vlc opens it I get the
following error:

[00000001] main libvlc warning: cannot load module
`modules/codec/ffmpeg/.libs/libffmpeg_plugin.so' (/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51:
undefined symbol: XVMC_decode_slice)

However the patched version of xvmcvideo.c which contains XVMC_decode_slice is
being compiled and linked into libavcodec.so.51 so I'm confused...

If anyone can shed some light on this error message and how to get rid of it
I'd be very grateful. Any extra info required will be given.

Ron