[Openchrome-users] libavcodec patches (mplayer/mythtv)

Ron openchrome-users
Tue Feb 13 17:15:04 PST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 22:06, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a version of libavcodec using ideas/code from these
> patches (to use with vlc, which has currently got a very broken XvMC port
> taken from xine in SVN). libavcodec builds but when vlc opens it I get the
> following error:
>
> [00000001] main libvlc warning: cannot load module
> `modules/codec/ffmpeg/.libs/libffmpeg_plugin.so'
> (/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol: XVMC_decode_slice)
>
> However the patched version of xvmcvideo.c which contains XVMC_decode_slice
> is being compiled and linked into libavcodec.so.51 so I'm confused...
>
> If anyone can shed some light on this error message and how to get rid of
> it I'd be very grateful. Any extra info required will be given.
>
> Ron

OK I was dumb ;)

I did notice an anomaly though while I was discovering my stupidity:

XVMC_decode_slice is declared as "extern int" in mpeg12.c (and uses the return
value) but as void in xvmcvideo.c - ???

Ron