[Openchrome-users] CN400 DVI output support

gpeters@deepsky.com gpeters
Thu Feb 15 07:10:05 PST 2007

I have this setup working in my SP8000E.  I had to start up my X server
in VBEModes Yes, then kill it, then start it up without that.  Here's my
rc.local.

# hack to make the VIA driver work.  Isn't this very, very odd?
X -config /etc/X11/xorg-hack.conf &
sleep 10
kill $!
killall Xorg

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "via"
        Option          "ActiveDevice"  "DFP"
        Option          "VideoRam" "65536"
        Option          "BusWidth" "24bit"
        Option          "PanelSize" "1280x1024"
        Option          "VBEModes" "true"
EndSection

is what my Device section looks like in xorg-hack.conf.  In my real
xorg.conf, there's no VBEModes line.

- Gavin