[Openchrome-users] CN400 DVI output support

Hadley Rich hads
Tue Feb 20 21:00:40 PST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:25:04 Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Hadley Rich wrote:
> > I've been messing around trying to figure this out today but haven't got
> > any further as yet. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > I've posted the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log here;
> >
> > http://mail.nice.net.nz/xorg.conf
> > http://mail.nice.net.nz/Xorg.0.log
>
> Did you try with ActiveDevice "CRT" , instead of "LCD", as LCD is the
> lpatop's panel and this board is not declared as providing a panel anyway ?

I've got the replacement board, updated the bios to 1.0.2 (the latest
available from VIA for the EK series).

I have tried starting with ActiveDevice "CRT" ActiveDevice "LCD" and
ActiveDevice "DFP" in all cases the TV screen goes to no signal.

If I try with a monitor connected to the VGA port as well as the TV connected
to the DVI then the monitor shows X fine but the TV stays off.

I've tried as Gavin suggested to start with VBE modes first but this doesn't
seem to make a difference for me.

The TV is a Panasonic TX-23LX60A

Does anyone have any further ideas?

Please let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks much.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz