[Openchrome-users] CN700 stability

Brent Shellenberg brent
Sat Jan 6 05:30:57 PST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 02:32, Hindrik Hettema wrote:

> > I do not know if the VIA CN700 boards have the same problem with
> > concurrent DMA, for the VT8235 there were DMA problems for a very long
> > time, a BIOS patch solved  (??)  the problem.

Sorry to butt in here (and this is somewhat off topic) but there are DMA
freezes with the CN400 as well from what I've heard and what I've seen myself
with an SP13000 in both linux and windows. Has anyone got an idea of *why*
this happens? Obviously it is something with either the design of Via's bios
or (worse) their motherboard. Does anyone have any clues? A motherboard that
locks up at random times is pretty useless.

Brent