[Openchrome-users] SP13000 + fuzzy vga output at high resolutions

brightman userforum
Wed Jan 17 05:29:43 PST 2007

SP13000 + fuzzy vga output at high resolutions
I was thinking about buying an SP13000 board and driving the VGA output at the same resolution as my LCD which would mean a resolution of 1680 x 1050.

Firstly is this reasonably straighforward using the openchrome drivers (is there an easy way to fathom out a suitable modeline, I've used powerstrip in the past?)

Secondly I've been reading on a couple of VIA related forums about problems with the VGA output on SP13000 boards at resolutions of 1280 x 1024 (and higher).

Users have noticed fuzzy images, see:

[http://www.epiacenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1560&highlight=sp13000]

and:

[http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=32&threadid=68137]

Has anyone using this board noticed these artefacts? It could be just a windows thing but the posts I've given above seem reasonably convinced that the problem lies in the underlying hardware...

Any thoughts/comments welcome!

Ben

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=2851#form>