[Openchrome-users] SP13000 + fuzzy vga output at high resolutions

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Wed Jan 17 06:13:38 PST 2007

brightman wrote:
> SP13000 + fuzzy vga output at high resolutions
> I was thinking about buying an SP13000 board and driving the VGA output at the same resolution as my LCD which would mean a resolution of 1680 x 1050.
>
> Firstly is this reasonably straighforward using the openchrome drivers (is there an easy way to fathom out a suitable modeline, I've used powerstrip in the past?)

The modeline won't be hard to get. Just run 'gtf 1680 1050 60 -x' and
stick the output into your xorg conf.

> Secondly I've been reading on a couple of VIA related forums about problems with the VGA output on SP13000 boards at resolutions of 1280 x 1024 (and higher).

However, and I don't know if it's related to the above mentioned
fuzziness pb, high resolutions will require a lot of bandwidth, so the
ram type you are using might come into the game.