[Openchrome-users] strange startup, and can't run 1920x1080, SP8000E w/DVI-02

gpeters@deepsky.com gpeters
Sun Jan 21 07:20:40 PST 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 09:45:36AM -0500, gpeters at deepsky.com wrote:

> I've tried depth 16, this works.  But -depth 24 -fbbpp 24 does not work.

It seems I spoke too soon.  If I run depth 16, but there's a very odd flashing
effect on the display; quite regularly the display flashes, and it seems the origin
of the display has moved up or down.  I don't know if I should blame my display or
the driver for this, but I'm leaning a bit towards driver.

- Gavin